Open source identity and access management.
ZITADEL is the open source identity and access management solution. Maintained by the ZITADEL team, we provide community access to the product and welcome all contributions.
The ZITADEL project
We believe that providing an open source software brings additional value to our products, build trust in the engineering, allows our users to fully own their data, and benefit from options instead of a closed-platform or provider lock-in.
ZITADEL is free open source software under a permissive Apache 2.0 license. The project is managed and also maintained by the ZITADEL team and we provide our community access to all ZITADEL releases at no cost and welcome all contributions.
Get started with ZITADEL
Get started by deploying ZITADEL in your own infrastructure or use our Cloud service to try out all features.
Cloud strategy for open source
Our vision of the ZITADEL is to build an open source IAM platform for the cloud era.
- Build a scalable application for modern, dynamic environments such as public, private, and hybrid clouds (cloud-native)
- Enable users to move their application to other providers at any time
- Favor API-first approach over lock-in to a platform ecosystem
- Use open standards whenever possible
- Provide technical support or operations even for demanding setups
Trust in open source
We ensure maximum security when developing and operating ZITADEL. We have established principles and processes to provider you with a safe and transparent product.Learn more
We actively contribute to the open source community and support the promotion of open source software and standards.