Most applications need to know the identity of a user for access control, to securely store their data in the cloud, and provide the same personalized experience across all of the user's devices.
ZITADEL provides backend services, easy-to-use SDKs, and ready-made UI libraries to authenticate users in your application. It supports authentication using passwords and applies additional security with the help of a second factor, for example, OTP, to ensure safe and secure access. It additionally leverages industry standards like OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect such that it can be easily integrated into your custom backend.
ZITADEL can be used in two ways:
- Use the ZITADEL Cloud, our public cloud service. Use the free tier to get started in minutes.
- Deploy a self-hosted ZITADEL for full control, wherever you like.
Help me choose
If you are unsure, opt for the gracious free tier of ZITADEL Cloud.
Choose ZITADEL Cloud if you want:
- A turnkey solution that just works
- A gracious free tier with a great pay-as-you-go option
- Global scalability without the headache of running it yourself
- Data-residency compliance for your customers
Choose ZITADEL Self-Hosted if you want:
- Total control over all components and your data
- To run ZITADEL in air-gapped or regulated environments
- Flexibility when you deploy updates
Support is available either through the opensource community or a support contract.
With our guides, you will learn everything you need to know about specific topics. To get started, jump directly to the get started docs.