It covers how to:
- manage ZITADEL resources through the ZITADEL Terraform provider
- existing ZITADEL Instance, if not present follow this guide
- existing user with enough authorization to manage the desired resources, if not present follow this guide
- installed Terraform, if not present follow this guide
Manage ZITADEL resources through terraform
The full documentation and examples are available here.
To provide a small guide to where to start:
- Create a folder where all the terraform files reside.
- Configure the provider to use the right domain, port and token, with for example a
main.tffile as shown in the example.
- Add a
zitadel_orgresource to the
main.tffile, to create and manage a new organization in the instance, as shown in the example.
- Add any resources to the organization in the
main.tffile, as example a human user.
- (Optional) Use Terraform in the directory with the command
terraform plan, to see which resources would be created and how.
- Apply the changes and start managing your resources with terraform with
- (Optional) Delete your created resources with
terraform destroyto clean-up.